This workshop takes diversity training to a whole new level.
Numerous clients report that this course received higher ratings than any program they have ever sponsored. It’s dynamic, engaging, and practical.
Instead of just introducing new concepts, this course focuses on specific competencies which create sustainable culture change around issues of inclusion and diversity. This course goes beyond awareness to look at five strategic skills which are necessary to connect with a wider scope of individuals–causing a marked improvement in employee engagement, customer satisfaction, and overall performance.
- Disconnect: Flocking–gravitating toward those with similar interests. Competency: Networking–expanding our circle to include those who are different.
- Disconnect: Cultural Naiveté–causing offense without intending to. Competency: Sensitivity–awareness of ourselves and our interactions.
- Disconnect: Monoculturalism–expecting conformity to a single approach. Competency: Calibration–adjusting for differences and altering our approach.
- Disconnect: Pejorative Behavior–showing or tolerating overt disrespect. Competency: Advocacy–taking a stand and addressing inappropriate behavior.
- Disconnect: Unconscious Filtering–making assumptions based on stereotypes. Competency: Positive Expectancy–assuming the best of others and acting on it.
- Repairing Disconnects–we articulate a three-step process for addressing a disconnect which involves taking initiative, exploring the issue, and creating cooperation to repair the problem.
- Improving Connections–we ask participants to work together to analyze situations in which they could afford to connect better with someone else. Each person creates a brief action plan that enumerates ways they can strengthen their connections.
- Application–participants formulate specific action plans to ensure that the five competencies are put into practice with reference to employee and customer relations.